Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Alan Furst

1 - What's your latest?


Alan Furst: SPIES OF THE BALKANS, out 15 June.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Alan Furst: Very moving real story of Greece '41

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Alan Furst: My main character is "a senior Police official" who handles political cases in the Macedonian Greek city of Salonika.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Alan Furst: I have a character called The French King because he looks like Louis the 14th in profile and is the crookedest character I ever wrote. I like the scene with him in the back of a car so deluxe that the hero has no idea what it is and neither does the reader. (And neither do I!)

5 - What's next?

Alan Furst: Another book--just signed a new two-book deal with Random House.

No comments: