Sunday, May 30, 2010

Steve Liskow

1 - What's your latest?

Steve Liskow: WHO WROTE TEH BOOK OF DEATH? came out in May from Mainly Murder Press.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Steve Liskow: It's a book about fixing what went wrong the last time and trying to do it right this time, not to mention that it's a cool mystery with suspense, humor, and hot sex.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Steve Liskow: He's a lot more alpha than many of my other characters, but more sensitive, too.  Maybe because he's been serious screwed over before through no fault of his own.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Steve Liskow: About half-way through the book, a woman gets electrocuted and my protag has to perform CPR on her. He has to fix it this time because he wasn't around when his wife died years before. It forces him to face the fear and pain again because he cares about this woman, too. I'd never tried that kind of juxtaposition in a scene before, and I think it worked. but I like a lot of other scenes, too. This book is different from a lot of my other work, so it made me develop in different directions.

5 - What's next?

Steve Liskow: I'm doing research for a mystery that will involve Roller Derby. I got the idea because my daughter is the Captain of the Queen City Cherry Bombs in New Hampshire. Now I've interviewed several skaters, coaches, and referees in Connecticut and I'm becoming a serious fan of the sport. It's a helluva lot of fun and the people are all seriously cool.

No comments: