Friday, May 21, 2010

Lila Dare

1 - What's your latest?

Lila Dare: My latest book is the first in the Southern Beauty Shop series from Berkley Prime Crime, TRESSED TO KILL.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Lila Dare: You should read it because it's funny, warm-hearted, and well-plotted, sort of a Steel Magnolias with dead bodies. Publishers Weekly gave it a starred review and Romantic Times blessed it with 4 1/2 stars.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Lila Dare: Grace knows she's a little gun-shy about men because her marriage ended badly--her hubby cheated on her almost from the moment they walked down the aisle. What she doesn't know (and I just realized) is how strong she is, how capable of being happy on her own.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Lila Dare: That's a hard one. If I only get one, I'll say the scene where Grace (the protagonist) meets Special Agent John Dillon of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. There's a lot of tension, humor and chemistry that I hope will carry through the next several books in the series.

5 - What's next?

Lila Dare: Next up is my PI novel set in Colorado Springs, SWIFT JUSTICE, which comes out from St. Martin's Minotaur in October under my real name, Laura DiSilverio. Think of it as a cross between Remington Steel and The Odd Couple, a female buddy series. Next up in the Southern Beauty Shop series is POLISHED OFF, due out in Feb 2011.

No comments: