Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Laura Childs

1 - What's your latest?

Laura Childs: My latest book is THE TEABERRY STRANGLER, the 11th book in the Tea Shop Mystery Series.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Laura Childs: Pick up THE TEABERRY STRANGLER because it's fun and soothing like a cozy mystery, but has the pacing of a thriller (so a thrillzy!) It also made it onto the New York Times Bestseller List - very unusual for a cozy.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Laura Childs: My main character, Theodosia, gave up a stressful job in marketing to run the Indigo Tea Shop. I didn't set out to give her my background and engineer a major career shift, but it's awfully darn close to what I ended up doing!

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Laura Childs: My favorite scene is the big, crazy ending where a rather proper Theodosia gets into a knock down-drag out fight with the bad guy!

5 - What's next?

Laura Childs: Next up is SCONES & BONES. Theodosia introduces the new culinary trend of tea and cheese - but with a bizarre murder, raft of suspects, and bungled investigation, something smells funny, and it's not just the Gorgonzola!

No comments: