Sunday, April 18, 2010

Denise Mina

1 - What's your latest?


Denise Mina: STILL MIDNIGHT.





2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Denise Mina: Well, it's short. It's a police procedural, there are lots of twists, some blood spilled, and a giant pile of money and a family blown apart. Hurrah!

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Denise Mina: She's tall. Being a short arse myself I always assume everyone else is looking up perpetually but actually, I think she's a giant five foot eight.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Denise Mina: Favorite scene is when one of the gangsters gets out of the car to avoid having to listen to the other one rant about his ex wife. He finds himself near to a woman he adores and goes and leans on the wall of the building she is in, revelling in his proximity. I felt that stone of the wall on my back when I wrote it.

5 - What's next?

Denise Mina: A second Alex Morrow book called 'The End of the Wasp Season' about the social earthquake that came from the financial crash.

No comments: