Friday, April 09, 2010

Brian Freeman

1 - What's your latest?

Brian Freeman: My fifth novel THE BURYING PLACE arrives in U.S. stores on April 13. The paperback of my last book, IN THE DARK, was just released on March 30. Check out all of my books at my all-new web site,www.bfreemanbooks.com.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Brian Freeman: Both THE BURYING PLACE and IN THE DARK are exactly what I want to achieve in psychological suspense: deep characters whose emotions andsecrets drive the intense drama. Read them because you can't put them down and you have to get to the final twists -- but keep them on your shelf and pick them up again because you want to re-experience the characters.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Brian Freeman: Jonathan Stride makes a lot of mistakes...some in his personal life, some in his professional life. Then again, that's what makes him human, and I think that's why readers relate to him.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Brian Freeman: The last chapter of IN THE DARK may be my favorite scene in any of my books. It gets me every time.

5 - What's next?

Brian Freeman: My sixth book is done -- a stand-alone in the same psychological suspense style, set in Door County, Wisconsin. Stay tuned!

No comments: