Saturday, March 06, 2010

Toni L.P. Kelner

1 - What's your latest?

Toni L.P. Kelner:  Who Killed the Pinup Queen?, the second "Where are they now?" mystery from Berkley Prime Crime.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Toni L.P. Kelner:  It's got nearly naked women, cowboys, and murder. What more could you want in a mystery? And on a personal note, I need people to buy this book to buy for our guinea pigs. Pellets and hay don't come cheap--Patch and Spot are counting on you. (I could attach a photo of the two of them looking needy, but since guinea pigs pretty much just have the one expression, it wouldn't work very well.)

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Toni L.P. Kelner: I realized Tilda might ask this kind of question herself. She's a freelance entertainment reporter, and does lots of interviews.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Toni L.P. Kelner:  In Pinup Queen? Probably the denoument, which I had a lot of fun with. Lots of suspense, or so I hope.

5 - What's next?

Toni L.P. Kelner:  In March, I'll have a story in Carolyn Haines's anthology Delta Blues, from Tyrus Books, and in April, I'll have a story in the Charlaine Harris/MWA anthology Crimes by Moonlight. Plus Charlaine and I have our third co-edited anthology--Death's Excellent Vacation--in August.

No comments: