Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dave Zeltserman

1 - What's your latest?

Dave Zeltserman: KILLER will be out in May, which is the third and final book of my "man out of prison" noir trilogy.


2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Dave Zeltserman: KILLER is quite a bit different than the first two in the series, SMALL CRIMES and PARIAH. It's a quieter book, more meditative, with a subtle mystery running through it, and a shocking conclusion. With its spare prose and tight, fast pacing, I think it's an absorbing crime read, as well as a fascinating character study.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Dave Zeltserman: That's a tough one. I lived and breathed the main character, Leonard March, for months while writing this book.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Dave Zeltserman: I can't tell you my favorite scenes, it would give too much of the book away. But one of the scenes I liked quite a bit was where Leonard plays hero and stops a liquor story robbery before it happens. I liked the way that scene plays out, how Leonard's action surprise him as much as they do the two punks, and the way it confuses the image of Leonard from despised hit man to hero.

5 - What's next?

Dave Zeltserman: THE CARETAKER OF LORNE FIELD is coming out this August. It's not crime fiction,
although it has a norish tone to it, and I think it's a book that's going to surprise any reader familiar with my crime fiction.

No comments: