Thursday, August 12, 2010

Judy Clemens

1 - What's your latest?

Judy Clemens: THE GRIM REAPER'S DANCE, out July 2010 by Poisoned Pen Press.





2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Judy Clemens: This book is a mixture of mystery, martial arts, and the paranormal. The Grim Reaper is my protagonist's Watson. A lot of folks who have read the book enjoy that relationship.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Judy Clemens: Hmm. That's a hard one. Since I'm just on the third book in this series I am still learning a lot about her. In this book she deals with some teenagers, and I hadn't realized how much she would like people of that age.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Judy Clemens: Death tends to get all the funny lines in the books, and I enjoyed writing the scene where Casey and the GR are walking, and Death comes up with new lyrics to "How Many Roads Must a Man Walk Down" (or whatever the actual title is.). That kind of tickled me. Plus, I also enjoy writing the fight scenes, because that's just fun!

5 - What's next?

Judy Clemens: I am working on the third Grim Reaper mystery, plus a few YA and MG books. I love the kidlit genre, and find it fun and refreshing after dealing with Death and the adult issues in my mysteries.

No comments: