Monday, September 06, 2010

Lisa Black

1 - What's your latest?

Lisa Black: TRAIL OF BLOOD, released September 7.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Lisa Black: Because it deals with one of the most bizarre, true-life serial killer cases in America: The Torso Murderer, who terrorized Cleveland with dismembered bodies during the already dark days of the Great Depression. My character is a forensic scientist, and has my old job at the coroner's office there, where those bodies were sent and examined.

3 - What can you tell us about your main character that you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Lisa Black: That she's always been the good girl, the sensible one, the stable, logical, understanding one. And she's getting really sick of it.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Lisa Black: When she's dashing between trains in a dark, foggy valley, pursuing a guy whom (who?) she just found burying two bodies in a re-creation of the Torso Killer's second and third murders.

5 - What's next?

Lisa Black: Theresa encounters another serial killer, but as before, I just can't make myself kill any more beautiful coeds. So I'm killing off attorneys instead. (No offense to those in the legal profession, you're probably the only ones who work crappier hours than I do...)

No comments: