Monday, February 15, 2010

Mary-Ann Tirone Smith

1 - What's your latest?


Mary-Ann Tirone Smith: My latest is a collaboration with my son, Jere Smith: DIRTY WATER: A RED SOX MYSTERY.



2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Mary-Ann Tirone Smith: You should read it because A. It's good; B. It's the 2007 team meaning it has a delirious ending. (Incredibly, my son and I started writing that book at the beginning of the 2007 season and we made a good choice.); and C. It's the first novel with a running BLOG!

3 - What can you tell us about your main characterthat you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Mary-Ann Tirone Smith: That would be Rocky Patel, Boston Homicide Detective 1st Grade, originally from the Gujerat. The thing he likes most about older women is their age.

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Mary-Ann Tirone Smith: My favorite scene is the climax--the wild and violent shoot-em-up that every police procedural needs to have. It's my favorite because I was insecure about pulling it off and people keep telling me they loved it even though A-Rod doesn't get shot.

5 - What's next?

Mary-Ann Tirone Smith: As an American writer who has written ten books, it was time to take a shot at a Civil War novel. That's what I'm doing.

No comments: