Thursday, February 18, 2010

Charles Ardai

1 - What's your latest?


Charles Ardai: My most recent novel is HUNT THROUGH THE CRADLE OF FEAR (published as "by Gabriel Hunt, as told to Charles Ardai").


2 - Assuming I haven't read it, why should I?

Charles Ardai: It's a better Indiana Jones movie than the last one that appeared in theaters.

3 - What can you tell us about your main characterthat you hadn't realized until you answered the question?

Charles Ardai: That my credited co-author, Gabriel Hunt, is in fact a fictional character. No wonder he never showed up for meetings!

4 - What's your favorite scene and why?

Charles Ardai: Oh, there are so many scenes I love in this book...like "Raiders of the Lost Ark," the whole point is to have an adventure story made up of just the "good parts." But maybe the scene I like best is the one where Gabriel is racing away from the Pyramids in Egypt on the back of a camel while pursued from behind by men in trucks and suddenly his escape route is blocked when a helicopter rises up in his path. But the he discovers--- Ah, but I can't tell you what he discovers. You just have to read it and find out.

5 - What's next?

Charles Ardai: Next for me is a change of pace: I'm working on the new TV series "Haven" for SyFy in a writing and producing capacity. Lots of fun. But there will be another novel sometime, I promise...

No comments: